What Is Important in Starting Your Blog?
The most important thing in starting your blog is the communicative function, which is most vividly represented in social networks. It allows a person to broadcast their messages simultaneously to a large number of Internet users. One Instagram post with a good photo and an interesting small text or video on youtube reduces the time spent by both the blogger and the average reader. Everyone will read or watch the video at a time convenient to them or will not do so if they are not interested. This feature allows the blogger to communicate multi-vector with their subscribers.
There are two areas of communicative motivation in starting a blog – communication with friends and expanding the circle of communication. While some people start blogging for the convenience of communicating with acquaintances, others do so to meet new people to expand their audience. However, the transition of communication to virtual reality can cause problems: the displacement of communication “live”. Thus, in social networks, a person can create an “ideal” image that will not correspond in whole or in part to what is really: a communicative person in the network and a person without communication skills in reality.
The next function is the function of self-presentation. This feature is more typical for blogs of creative people who promote their works: poems, photos, drawings, songs, etc. We emphasize that any blog carries information about the identity of the author, and thus his self-expression.
The Correct Way of Starting Your Blog
Before you start writing, determine the topic and audience. It is important to show yourself an expert in a particular topic. Determine what goals your blog is pursuing. Without them, the blog is doomed to failure. In the beginning, it is important to organize the work on the blog so that you regularly publish new articles:
- Write down ideas. Get in the habit of recording thoughts and observations so as not to lose interesting ideas.
- Own top. In order for your blog to become recognizable – do not be afraid to express your position and write about what really hurts, worries and is important to you. As my practice shows, the sincerest posts always get feedback. Start with yourself: what you write should be interesting to read first and foremost for you.
- Searching for a topic. “What to write about”? Posts are very popular, in which we tell readers in detail how to solve this or that problem. But no one has abolished journalistic techniques and methods such as reports, interviews, etc.
- My reader. To think that your blog will be interesting to everyone is a common mistake of novice bloggers. Writing for everyone means writing for no one. That is why it is important to imagine your reader as accurately as possible.
- Answer the comments. Follow the comments of readers: thanks for the feedback, answer the questions. Discussion under the articles is a sign that the blog is alive. This attracts new readers, new participants in the Internet dialogue.
- The most important thing is to be responsible for everything you write on the blog and to be ready for any reaction, sometimes even inadequate. At the time of publication, you must be one hundred percent sure of what you are writing.